Sunday Morning Christians

SUNDAY MORNING CHRISTIANS. These are those Christians who on Sunday morning sit in church and praise God, and Sunday after noon are doing evil things. I know how it works I used to do it. I know that I still am at fault with this I mess up all the time. I have sinned numerous times in my life and continue to. I am no better than you however I am no worse. I know that it's hard to be good Christians, in fact I know deep inside my being that being Christian is the hardest thing to do in the world.

Being scoffed at and made fun of are scary things which makes standing up for your beliefs hard. But have we truly gotten to a point in life when someones opinion matters more than God the creator of you and I? How sad is it to live in a world that is controlled by peer pressure. Is that not the greatest weakness of all. Think about how much people do because of peer pressure, sex, drugs, and alcohol. The time has come to stop standing in the background and start taking the control you believe you have and handing it over to the one true King God the Father. How sad is it that we are more scared of the people around us then God.

I was in church one day, for my Godson's first Reconciliation, and I was sitting trying to be in silent reverence to the Lord my God and all I could do was get angry. The parents who at that time where supposed to be teaching their kids how to act during this sacrament where talking about things of little importance.

I know that sometimes it is hard for people to truly grasp that God is in church, that may be hard to do, but you should still be silent. Remembering that God is the reason you are their is the only thing that you have to do. There is a time and a place for talking, and there is a time and place to listen, and Being in church during the act of Reconciliation is the time for listening to God.

Religion is not something to be taken lightly, it's not a social group that you join because you have nothing better to do. God is real and true in fact he is the one truth. Once you realize that the only reason you are allowed to talk is because God wills it so you might shut your mouths and listen once in a while.

May God's merciful hand be upon all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment