Dieing to Christ


Part of being a Christian means dieing to the old and rising to a new. A new life in Christ. Jesus cannot live in sin, so to be truly Christian you must die to the notion that you are in control and realize that God knows all. Just because God does not answer your prayer with a yes does not mean he's trying to be mean. An example of this is when I was younger I prayed that I could be closer to him, to better understand how to be like Christ. At that time his answer was no, looking back I realize that God knew that I was not fully ready to have that cross placed on my shoulders.

God knows everything, it says he stood at the beginning of time and he stood at the end of time and said it was good. The free will granted to us is the will to choose to except that or not. God knows what choice you are going to make, but lets you make it. The question then is, why did he give me free will, if he knows that I may stray why give me free will? That's simple, if I force you to obey me it's not satisfying, you are not truly obeying because you want to, you are obeying because I made you, which means you are not obeying me with the fullness of your heart. God does not want you to obey him with loathing in your heart but with love.

God has given us the greatest gift of love, by creating us he has given us life, and if that were not enough he gave us his only son as a sacrifice to wipe away the sins we have committed and granted us new life, eternal life. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."
God has given us so much, who are we to say that what we have is not ours.

Dieing to oneself is the hardest thing to do, at least for me. giving up the things I most enjoy in service for God can be troubling, but the most amazing thing about it it that you don't have to do it alone. God is their for you and will help you through it if you let him, I mean truly let him with your entire heart and soul. Let God show you the way.

Coming close to God is one of the most beautiful things you can do, but do not take it lightly, humble yourself before God and let him shoe you his glory.

Pray that God deepens your faith,
'O God, I firmly believe all the truths that you have
revealed and that you teach us through your Church,
for you are truth itself and you can neither deceive nor be
deceived.'

Remember to not be discouraged if you feel dry-spells it is at that time that God truly appreciates it.
Keep your faith strong and know that God loves you unconditionally.

May the light of God shine the way for you
on your journey of faith with him, may he open your heart
and place in it the warmth of the holy spirit, may you truly know
what it is to feel his love in your life, in Jesus' Most Holy name I pray, amen
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment